A Model for Prayer
Jesus warns us in our passage this morning that we shouldn't "babble on" or "repeat words again and again." He then goes on in 6:9ff to give the disciples a model of prayer, which we today have titled the Lord's Prayer. This prayer was designed to show them how to pray, not necessarily become the new memorized prayer. Now I'm not saying we should stop praying it, but have you thought about what the model he gave us was?
Alpha International and the 24-7 Prayer Movement partnered together to develop a free prayer course that's online. It's six weeks and uses the Lord's Prayer as a way to deepen your prayer model.
- Adoration - "Our Father in heaven"
- Petition - "Give us this day"
- Intercession - "Your Kingdom come"
- Perseverance - "Your will be done"
- Listening - "Our daily bread"
- Warfare - "Deliver us from evil"
Want to check it out? Visit www.prayercourse.org. They have video lessons along with discussion guides. Use it in your group, or on your own. You won't regret it